Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States
Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.


Thursday, August 03, 2006

Minty Fresh

My first thought after the searing pain calmed down was "That's a planetdan bloggable moment." I don't know how he'll feel about it, if he ever knows, but there it is.

I went to brush my teeth before bed last night, and somehow flicked the bristles of the toothbrush as I was putting toothpaste on it (it was Scooter's - maybe this was karma for using his toothbrush. I know, ew. Get over it.) I think it was a grapefruit moment - if something gets flicked, it's headed right into your eye. That's just how it works. It doesn't get your shoulder, it gets your eye. In the very brief moment between understanding toothpaste was probably gonna get in my eye, and it actually getting into my eye, I thought, toothpaste, no big deal, and then the pain started, and I wondered why it hurt so much. Several minutes later, and then only through one eye, I saw that it was baking soda and peroxide toothpaste. Then I had the planetdan thought. And I held my eye shut some more.

Ow.

3 Comments:

Blogger dan said...

At least you didn't swallow a mouthful of peroxide enhanced whitening mouthwash. I've done the toothpaste in the eye thing before. Very surprisingly unpleasant.

August 03, 2006 11:03 AM  
Blogger Scooter said...

I think if it was really a Planet Dan moment, you'd have posted a picture of your great big swollen eye.

August 03, 2006 11:20 AM  
Blogger dan said...

Exactly. No shame. Warts and all. The only way to blog.

August 11, 2006 10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home