Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States
Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.


Friday, June 09, 2006

Fishy, Fishy, Who's Got the Fishy?

We have finally assembled and filled Eryn's aquarium. She found Mickey Mouse Platys, which I didn't know existed. She saw the Mickey head outline on their tails before I even knew what she was talking about, and then I found the label. So, she has three Mickey Mouse Platys and a Plecostimus swimming around a glow-in-the-dark plant, some petrified wood Scooter picked up as a kid in California, and a tiki head. (Yes, I know it's Mayan, but she accepts that it's tiki, so leave it alone!)















Oops...guess I should have read about the Mickey fish before buying them - I knew they were peaceful and livebearers, but didn't know they need at least 15 gallons (why?) and lots of live plants. Oh well, perhaps they're resilient little fish. I don't have the energy or the desire to keep a tank with real plants in it clean.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool, Eryn's got her fish! Glad to see she bought into the Mayan statue as Tiki head; after considerable online research, I am now convinced that no one actually makes Tiki head aquarium statues. This seems like a niche that should be filled in the aquarium world :)

As long as the tank isn't overcrowded (which it shouldn't be with 3 Platys & a Plecostimus) the fish shouldn't have any problems. I'm sure live plants are nice for the fish, but I never had them with guppys, platys, mollies, etc., and they all did just fine.

June 09, 2006 4:23 PM  
Blogger She says said...

Check this out.

June 09, 2006 10:20 PM  
Blogger PTW said...

Ooo! Thanks.

June 11, 2006 10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home