Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States
Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.


Friday, September 10, 2004

Elmo lives in my garage

I thought it was genius: I bought Eryn the DVD Elmo: The Great Outdoors today. I thought, Hey, $10, she gets a new DVD to watch (and I get a break from The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland), PLUS there's a CD included. I popped the CD in as we drove home, and she lit up. Score! Then we got home. I shut off the car, and she started crying, pointing at the radio, and yelling "El! El!" It got worse as we walked into the house. I put in the DVD, as I had promised I would, and she stared at the television with rapt attention. When it started, she threw herself backwards and wailed. It wasn't Grouchland.

Now, she sits happily watching Grouchland, clutching the case for the new, unwatched DVD.

3 Comments:

Blogger MeanMrMustard said...

C'mon. Elmo! Oscar! Mandy Patinkin! Who could get tired of that?

You? Okay.

You wanna borrow Elmopalooza on VHS? C'mon. Elmo! Oscar! Jon Stewart! Who could get tired of that?

September 11, 2004 1:27 PM  
Blogger PTW said...

VHS? Is that something like filmstrips? Or more like viewfinders?

September 11, 2004 8:54 PM  
Blogger MeanMrMustard said...

Yeah, laugh all you want. I determined early on that VHS tapes are much better than DVDs at being banged repeatedly on the edge of a table to see what kind of noise they make.

September 14, 2004 11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home