Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States
Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.


Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Where's the "Shopping-Obsessed, Bossy, Neurotic Sex Toy" Label?

I've been clothing shopping for Eryn. She's so big, usually the only shirts I can find to fit her are in the girls' department (as opposed to the little girls' department), so I have trouble finding things that are appropriate for my three-year-old. In Target, shirts have sayings on them like "Born to Shop!" and "I want it, you buy it, end of conversation" (or something like that). I once found a shirt I thought was cute and appropriate, but the tag proclaimed the brand name was "Anxiety." WTF? At least half the girls' wear has "Princess" written all over it. If I'm going to buy her that crap, I might as well get her a padded bra to go with it.

Penney's was no better. Princess, Shopping Queen, butterflies with princess crowns, plummeting necklines. Ack.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's the matter with shirts that have butterflies with princess crowns on them? I have several in my wardrobe, and wearing them just makes me feel all bubbly and happy inside :)

September 20, 2006 4:30 PM  
Blogger Scooter said...

I can't believe your clothes from high school still fit so well.

September 20, 2006 6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shirts aren't the only place to have writing...

sweatpants

September 22, 2006 5:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you're just jealous that I can still fit into my butterfly/princess crown t-shirt, and you aren't able to wear that black fishnet cropped tank top that you wore so often back in those distant high school days.

In regards to tall brad's comment/link, I can only say that I think that they have at least three phrases posted on the wrong side, depending on one's perspective...

September 22, 2006 8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home