Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States
Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.


Wednesday, September 03, 2008

I Love The Smell of Toast in the Morning (But I'm Confused)

Last night I accidentally set my alarm for 7:55 instead of 6:55, so when I checked the time at 7:47, I hopped out of bed (well, limped) and went straight to wake Eryn, who grumbled at me but understood time was of the essence. We got her to school just as Morning Meeting was beginning, so mission accomplished for her second day of Kindergarten. I was obviously not ready for work, but luckily had no clients until 11:00 (which turned out to be a no-show anyway, but that's a different matter), so I could go home and get myself ready with no problem. Here comes the weird part: when I got out of the car at home around 8:45, the air smelled strongly of toast. It's breakfast time, yeah, but how does one make a neighborhood smell like toast? I had visions of thousands of RAGBRAI breakfast seekers, but to my knowledge, thousands of bicyclists are not descending upon my neighborhood. This evening, will the neighborhood smell of spaghetti?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Scooter said...

Interesting. Probably a chemical spill. I didn't leave until after 7:00, I could have woken you up.

September 03, 2008 10:34 AM  
Blogger boringsahm said...

Maybe everyone was burning off their left over bread in their fireplaces?

September 04, 2008 12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home