Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States
Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.


Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Movie Meme

I've been tagged by She Says:

1. Name a movie that you have seen more than 10 times.

Grease, Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Am I allowed to name two? Wait: also everything by Pixar.

2. Name a movie that you've seen multiple times in the theater.
Again, Grease.

3. Name an actor that would make you more inclined to see a movie.
Michael J. Fox (never really got over my junior high crush), but only if it was more like The Frighteners than Doc Hollywood. Ew. Also Philip Seymour Hoffman - he was scary good in Owning Mahoney. On the female side: Neve Campbell, Helen Mirren.

4. Name an actor that would make you less likely to see a movie.
I agree with She Says: Tom Cruise. Will Ferrell pretty much kills things for me too, though I've heard from at least two reliable sources that Stranger Than Fiction is worthwhile. If it's any good, I plan to argue it's because of Emma Thompson. Female: Juliette Lewis. [shudder]

5. Name a movie that you can and do quote from.
Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Training Day ("Man the fuck up!")

6. Name a movie musical that you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs.
Grease, The Little Mermaid, possibly also A Chorus Line.

7. Name a movie that have been known to sing along with.
Grease, Finding Nemo ("just keep swimming...")

8. Name a movie that you would recommend everyone see.
Fahrenheit 9/11. Get with the program, eh.

9. Name a movie that you own.
How about a smattering, from several genres? Dawn of the Dead, Practical Magic, Life of Brian, Pitch Black.

10. Name an actor that launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops.
I can't be original here: Cher and Will Smith. Oh! Jon Bon Jovi is actually a decent actor (Moonlight and Valentino.) Really.

11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what?
Scooter and I saw Mermaids at the Hi-65 in Blaine, years ago when we were dating. It was followed by a horror flick, but neither of us can remember what it was.

12. Ever made out in a movie?
Not so much. (Not a slight to Scooter.)

13. Name a movie that you keep meaning to see but just haven't yet gotten around to it.
Wait Until Dark.

14. Ever walked out of a movie?
Sadly, no. I considered it during Hostel - lots of gross with not much story. Gross is just fine if there's a good story. I have, on the other hand, walked out of a live comedy show - from the first row, no less.

15. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater.
Saving Private Ryan.

16. Popcorn?
Most times. With Scooter, no reconstituted butter-flavored stuff; without him, always.

17. How often do go to the movies (as opposed to renting them or watching them at home)?
Probably once a month. Scooter and I tend to go in shifts, so we don't need a babysitter but can at least talk about what we saw. He hasn't forgiven me for The Cave, but I maintain that was his fault for not checking the reviews. Turd held up to a light bulb, indeed.

18. What's the last movie you saw in the theater?
Charlotte's Web. Guess who my date was?

19. What's your favorite/preferred genre of movie?
I'm torn. I enjoy good horror/suspense films, but if I were stranded on a desert island with only one genre...indy. I wouldn't want my brain to rot. Plus, there might be monsters on the island.

20. What's the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?
Star Wars.

21. What movie do you wish you had never seen?
An American Haunting. Wow, was that stupid. My mother once rented something called Heartbeeps with Andy Kaufman and Bernadette Peters that might be the all-time worst movie. With so many options, it's tough to choose.

22. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed?
Julien Donkey-Boy. You're so stupid you hit yourself in the head. Oops, this one should be under #5.

23. What is the scariest movie you've seen?
The Exorcist. Scared the hell out of me when I was eight, and continues to be scary.

24. What is the funniest movie you've seen?
Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I'm sure there are others, but no others where people fart in other people's "general direction." In bad French accents.


Tag, Scooter, LissyJo, Cookie Queen, and She Says (#s 21, 22, 23, 24).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

will no one in this family ever let me forget Heartbeeps???

January 24, 2007 10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home