Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States
Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.


Monday, July 23, 2007

RAGBRAI XXXV*

Eryn and I dropped off Scooter and John in Rock Rapids, Iowa on Saturday so they could camp and prepare for the beginning of the ride. The first leg took them from Rock Rapids to Spencer - 75.7 miles in 90+ degree heat.

Scooter and John found some AC and a place to plug in phones in Spencer, so Eryn and I got to talk to him. He said it was hot and a lot of biking. Hm. No shade amongst the corn and soy bean fields?

There is a camera atop the Iowa Telecom van that updates a photo every minute, at certain times during the ride. Yesterday it was trained on Melvin, where 10,000 riders descended for lunch.

The window in which you can view the photos says "Pictures taken from the Iowa Telecom trailer at the evening RAGBRAI stops," but it's been showing an empty park bench since 5:16 last evening, so I don't know that it has the best description. It did a great job of showing what was going on mid-day yesterday, though. I may even have caught my FIL on the camera - I'll upload that when I'm on the other machine so the rest of the family can scrutinize it and decide if it's really him. Scooter said the time I saw the photo was during the time they were in Melvin, so it's possible.




* That's RAGBRAI 35 for anyone educated after No Child Left Behind went into effect.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger LissyJo said...

HEY! You're posting new stuff. I thought you gave up blogging. It's nice to see a post here and there.

July 25, 2007 6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home