Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States
Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.


Monday, August 22, 2005

Critter

Got home from the Japanese Lantern Lighting festival at Como (crowded, not fascinating, though Eryn liked it because she got a balloon yoyo and a snow cone) last night at about 9:45 to find this.





Not sure what that is? Here you go:









Scooter got our bat-catching kit, captured it, and let it go outside:






Later realization: I was wondering how the bat got into the house, and then it came to me: three nights ago, I took some trash outside, and when I came back in through the front door, something sideswiped my face, also on its way in. I thought "Wow, that was a big moth!" but didn't see a moth fluttering around anywhere. Ew.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excuse me, a **BAT** flittered by your face and you thought it was a moth??

August 23, 2005 6:34 AM  
Blogger PTW said...

Well, it didn't occur to me that it might be a bat. Would it be your assumption? Besides, it didn't flitter by my face, it hit my face. As I said...ew.

August 23, 2005 8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a coincidence. I have a bat-catching kit just like that.

August 24, 2005 10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eewwww! My heart-rate actually sped up when I saw the enlarged picture. Haven't had a bat in the house since our early days in Monti - our bat-catching device was a high-tech cardboard box and broom.

August 29, 2005 11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home