Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States
Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.


Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Share in the Joy, Damn It!

Apong says he thinks we might just be evil landlords trying to sap the damage deposit out of our hapless, innocent renters. HA!

Bleach meets carpet - one of perhaps eight such areas.









What turns a wall pink like this?











That's a burn mark on the wall. That other stuff all over the ledge...it has texture.










Really, texture. I haven't tried to clean it yet.










I doubt anyone ever attempted to clean this shower. This is after Dan'l took a whack at it.










Shower, inside, after Dan'l began cleaning.










Marks on the wall by the lower bathroom. Marks on the wall? To be expected. So many, and so dark? Pretty impressive. I should have taken this photo before removing what I am pretty sure was fecal matter.













I am not certain what this is. My best guess is blood. I don't know how it got way up there on the wall, and I don't want to know. I think I need a HAZMAT suit.










I took photos of the really horrendous carpet stains before cleaning (not that thy're gone now) with Drew's camera, and I don't have those images yet. I also took video today...that should be inspiring viewing later.

One more. I don't know what was being smoked in this room, but it got tossed around by the ceiling fan:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Disgusting! Dan slept for 12 hours last night and woke up sore! :-)

Dan wanted to tell you his idea for keeping tabs on the next renters - just tell them you have to come in each month to change the filter on the furnace. General maintenance.

My mom thinks you should keep those special butts Dan found in the vents and send a note to your old renter saying either you send us the February rent or we send these to the cops. She probably watches CSI and would believe they could do a DNA test to find the smokers! (even if you didn't keep the butts, SHE wouldn't know that!!)

And I hope there is some landlord database somewhere that you can put all this down in writing for the next landlords.....

March 02, 2006 7:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

About the burn mark - if you look carefully, it's actually Jesus.

Sorry about the house.

March 02, 2006 12:17 PM  
Blogger She says said...

Eeeuw...! You all deserve a golden mop award or something for cleaning that up. Ick.

The pink on the wall might be color coming off red/pink sheets if that was a bedroom. I recall leaving a wall green once from bedsheets.

The rest deserves its own episode on the X-files.

March 15, 2006 7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home